Introductory Post: Why Teach?
Why Teach?
Teachers are defined as educators in a school setting, but I like to define teachers as the human form of the new and old world. Getting to be able to present in front of a class and teaching students about our past and what perhaps might be our future, is a study that no one will fully embrace except educators, and that is why I think they could be referenced as the human forms of the new and old world.
At first, my passion for teaching was just because I thought being a teacher was a good, stable job, but the more values I learned from various types of educators, the more I realized that setting a good example for children at a young age is a crucial step in the success of these tiny humans. My main goal is to teach students with physical, emotional, mental, and learning disabilities, also known as a Special Education Teacher. My motivation is merely the want to help others in need. Growing up I would say my family was steadily in the wages of the middle class, so I don’t know of poverty or of unexplainable riches, but I do know that rich or poor, I could help any student in need. My preferred grade to educate is 2nd grade, though I would love to teach any grade. In high school, I took a Teachers in Training class and we traveled to different elementary schools to assist teachers, and I was assigned to 2nd grade. At first, I was very skeptical of these children being so young and mischievous... but astonishingly, they were very calm and tranquil. I realized that these 7 or 8-year-olds were more well-behaved than teens in high school, and I fell in love with them.
My favorite teacher Tiktoker is Rachel Collin (@misscollinsclassroom). I love Miss Collin’s morals and her way of teaching. She gives very insightful tips and tricks for her classroom and for the teaching of her students, not to mention, that her outfits are super cute! One of her videos specifically gave me tips for the classroom, like activities to do.
Comments
Post a Comment